Being a business owner can be a very stressful task. It often means sitting tied to your desk. However, there are a ton of great apps to move the work from your desk to the mobility of your smartphone.
- The G Suite by Google. The G Suite is a suite of applications designed to work anywhere you have an internet connection. It includes a word processor, a spreadsheet utility, and even a presentation builder. As it’s made by Google, it integrates extremely well with the well known e-mail service GMail. You can even set it up to work on your own domain to make company specific email addresses..
- FreshBooks. FreshBooks is a cloud based mobile accounting software. Much like big names like Quickbooks, it has all the features needed to run a small business. However, unlike Quickbooks, you can do it all from your phone. Send invoices to new clients, manage accounts payable, and even track time and projects.
- Square Register. Square reinvented the merchant processing world. Anyone with any smartphone can connect their free reader and collect credit and debit card payments anywhere in the world. They later introduced a POS application for any smartphone to help you track sales, inventory, and itemize customer receipts.
- Gusto. Formerly known as ZenPayroll, Gusto allows you to manage your entire companies payroll, right from your phone. Starting at only $39 / month, there’s no need to spend hours upon hours every week trying to pay your employees. Gusto does it all.
- Slack. Well known in the tech world, Slack helps teams manage projects together. Organizing your team’s chats in public or private channels, you can keep track of your progress on a team process, discuss new business ideas, and even share files between your entire team.
- Skype. Skype is the world’s most well known video conferencing platform. Known mostly for personal use, Skype allows a business to meet with anyone anywhere in the world without paying for costly travel.
Overall, there is no need at all for a business owner to be chained to their desk all the time. Explore the world, all while maintaining a strong hold on your business.